This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Analytics Representative position at Sony Music Entertainment is responsible for generating audience insights for Sony Music's roster of artists and labels. The representative will work closely with various labels and divisions within Sony Music to develop presentations around audience behaviors, social media buzz, content engagement, and demographics. The representative will also analyze campaign performance and suggest new opportunities for Sony artists through analyzing various sources of data. This is a paid part-time position in New York City, requiring a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Use social media tools such as Brandwatch, CrowdTangle, Canvs, Tubular, and others to drive insights and suggestions for Sony artists.
- Leverage a range of internal and third-party research and digital analytics tools to understand audiences and consumer behavior among fans of various genres and Sony artists.
- Generate custom insights from analyzing various data sources to tell a holistic story about the artist's fan-base and how to effectively reach them. Suggest marketing/sales opportunities and new product ideas.
- Stay on top of new social media tools/platforms and mobile apps and then suggest ways Sony Music can use them for artist campaigns.
- Currently enrolled as either an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program with at least 1 year left of academic program (preferably two years)
- Strong work ethic, knowledge and passion for music
- Interest in research, social media, analytics and the music industry
- Excellent Powerpoint, Word and Excel skills
- Display creativity in problem-solving and idea generation