This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for the Pie's Pricing & Product Analyst position is to conduct competitive analysis and research market pricing for commercial insurance. The analyst will be responsible for monitoring metrics, pricing, and models for a new commercial auto product line, as well as assisting in the development of product lines. They will also analyze data and provide insights to support decision-making and collaborate with various teams within the organization. A Bachelor's Degree is required, along with 2-4 years of analytical work experience, preferably in P&C insurance.
- Compare internal pricing against competitor pricing to determine market competitiveness.
- Analyze funnel metrics to identify underserved markets and industries for growth opportunities.
- Use online resources for gathering and developing information on competitor filings, subscriber services, and service offering tools.
- Support ongoing process of filing new programs within individual states.
- Assist in the building, monitoring, and distributing BI tools for Underwriting and Pricing leads.
- Monitor portfolio performance as it relates to growth, retention, and profitability.
- Highlight areas of concern and bring them forward to senior management for review.
- Effectively communicate information from large data sets and explain the why behind the information.
- Support all functions of the commercial auto team with data analysis.
- Network and collaborate on ideas and challenges with business units such as Business Development, Product, and Data Engineering.
- Have a background in statistics and mathematics, statistics or economics is highly desirable.
- Have basic knowledge of using SAS, SQL, snowflake or other data query tools.
- Have advanced Excel skills (formulas, importing large data sets, pivots, macros and automation).
- Demonstrate a sense of creativity and strategic thinking about how analytics relate to business outcomes.
- Have problem-solving skills to work independently through simple to moderately complex problems within data sets.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and be a self-starter.
- Like variety and not repetition, but can build repetition in process for scalability purposes.
- Have basic data mining and analysis skills to provide relevant data points and analytics.
- Have developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present technical concepts to non-technical individuals within the organization.
- Competitive cash compensation
- Equity participation
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Discretionary bonuses based on company performance
- Hybrid or remote work options
- Equal opportunity employer
- Participation in the E-Verify program
- Commitment to protecting personal data