This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a Game Designer specialized in 3Cs (Character, Controls, and Camera), you will be responsible for tackling various challenges related to these aspects of gameplay. Your role will involve designing and taking ownership of features and mechanics aligned with the creative and game directions. You will work closely with other disciplines to implement these features to the highest standard and help set the quality bar through hands-on creation and continuous tweaking. Additionally, you will collaborate with different teams to align expectations, execute integration, and adapt to technical and production constraints.
- Design and take ownership of features and mechanics aligned with the creative and game directions.
- Help set quality-bar through hands-on creation and continuous tweaking of 3Cs player mechanics from conception to the final stages of polish.
- Standardize, document, and communicate (3C) features to the game team.
- Regularly update and maintain the design documentation that will guide interdependent teams.
- Collaborate closely with Programming, Art, and Level Design to align on expectations, execution, and integration of your features.
- Participate actively in the production of combat prototypes, from a 3Cs perspective.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking your design when and as often as needed.
- Propose improvements to the different tools and pipelines.
- Help to create a safe environment which allows for open dialogue and encourages new creative ideas.
- Proven experience working with 3C’s (character, controls and camera) in action-adventure AAA games.
- Have shipped at least one console/PC title.
- Solid understanding of game systems, scripting logic and gameplay flow.
- Experience with scripting in Unreal Engine a plus.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of video game development processes.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with pre-established constraints.
- Great communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven experience working with 3C's (character, controls and camera) in action-adventure AAA games
- Have shipped at least one console/PC title
- Solid understanding of game systems, scripting logic and gameplay flow
- Experience with scripting in Unreal Engine a plus
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of video game development processes
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with pre-established constraints
- Great communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Breakfast in the Office
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year)
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to 2nd January)
- Hybrid work model (3 days in the office, 2 days work from home) and Flexible Friday
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage
- Incredible office in Barcelona in Torre Glories, 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall
- English and Spanish classes
- Equal opportunity employer