Requirements for Shopkeepers All Levels (Part & Full Time)
- 1+ years of experience in a retail, hospitality, or customer service setting
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to navigate priorities, multi-task, follow-up, and ask for assistance when needed
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback with a willingness to learn and improve
- Ability to maintain a positive, optimistic, empathetic attitude at all times - highly respectful of others
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational and communication skills
- Not afraid to get dirty at work- yes, we work with dirt!
- Love of The Sill and a natural plant enthusiast!
- Part Time: You will be expected to work 15-25 hours/week depending on seasonality
- You must be available on weekends and some weekdays and nights
- You must be flexible to work between 4 and 8 hour shifts as scheduled
- Available to work during retail black out periods and holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, etc.
Responsibilities for Shopkeepers All Levels (Part & Full Time)
- Display The Sill's values, brand history, and mission in your interactions with customers and teammates
- Engage & greet all customers with a focus on suggestive selling. Be an active contributor in meeting daily and weekly shop sales (KPI) goals
- Liaise between customers and Customer Service teams when necessary, using proper company communication channels and navigating through difficult customer situations with ease
- Encourage community engagement and customer retention through use of shop social media, customer satisfaction surveys, driving email capture and customer loyalty initiatives
- Act as a "plant expert" in shop, building a holistic knowledge of The Sill's product line and developing a working knowledge of all of The Sill's plants and plant care
- Assist with in shop events, community initiatives, and workshops as scheduled
- Assist with daily plant care maintenance, shop deliveries, visual merchandising, cleaning/maintenance, and inventory handling tasks as scheduled
- Navigate various training materials, standard operating procedures (SOP's), and daily operational systems with accuracy (Instagram, Gmail account, phone, local delivery platforms, Asana, Slack, etc), processing orders and receiving/responding to inter-company communication as needed
- Participate in company trainings and assist with training and shadowing of new hires as scheduled
- Develop expertise in operating the point of sale system (Shopify), handling all transactions accurately, and navigate basic troubleshooting
- Accurately open and close the shop as an effective and responsible Keyholder
- Invest in your future by participating in our matched 401(k) program
- Make time for you through our paid sick time policy
- Cultivate your very own green space through The Sill's 50% employee discount!
About this position
We're looking for a Shopkeeper to join our growing team. As a Shopkeeper you are a plant-impassioned and team-oriented individual who has a balance of retail, customer service experience and novice plant knowledge. You love to meet plant enthusiasts and offer styling and care advice, patiently teaching plant novices about all of the amazing things The Sill has to offer. You thrive in fast paced environments and have the ability to maintain a positive, resilient attitude in the face of ambiguity, growth, and change. You are a team-player who has a strong desire to meet your goals while providing a positive customer experience. This role reports to the Assistant Shop Manager/Shop Manager.
This job is no longer online. We keep it on here for reference only.
Go To job Listing
San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; New York City, NY (Manhattan & Brooklyn); Bethesda, MD.
We are the direct-to-consumer destination for plants and biophilic design. Our mission is to bring life to people and people to life, which includes fostering an environment of inclusion, resilience and growth for all. At The Sill, we offer new ways to infuse nature into as many everyday rituals as possible through biophilic design, increasing your connectivity to the natural world.
Move your Job Search from “Applied” to “Interviewing”
Get the Free Teal Job Tracker