Community and Support Specialist
We’re setting out to level the playing field for job seekers, building a truly consumer-first platform that equips people with the tools, technology, and resources they need to feel empowered to achieve career growth on their own terms. Our long-term goal: to help people make confident career decisions from the day they start working to the day they retire—and that starts with the job search.
We’re looking for a fully remote, US-based Community & Support Specialist to help our members find and land jobs faster. You will be working with our VP, Product & Operations to create the support team from the ground up. Join us as we build the first truly consumer-first platform to help people grow and manage their careers.
- Track, manage, and respond to all member support emails with a quick turnaround time
- Vet any potential bugs or tech issues and communicate with product team
- Log and categorize all feature requests and suggestions from users for review
- Respond to all Slack community posts and questions and celebrate member wins
- Monitor social channels (TikTok, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube), respond to comments and/or questions, and surface social listening feedback to the broader team
- Help to create and maintain a new support center for members to best leverage Teal’s toolkit
- Write and update support guides for all tools and features
- Collect and review user feedback for product and marketing insights
- Assist product team with quality assurance testing of new features
- Belief and excitement in the company's mission
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written english communication skills
- A passion for helping customers
- Active team player, self-starter, and multitasker who can quickly adjust priorities
- Empathetic, strong work ethic and an upbeat attitude
- Creative problem solver
- Organized and tech savvy
- Working in an early stage company (series Seed & A) & high growth environment (e.g. startups) with the quick iteration and turnaround time on projects.
- Experience working in a 100% remote environment
Skills & Tools You Will Use And Learn:
- Appzi, Trello, Hotjar, Amplitude, Notion, Slack, Gmail, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Zapier, Airtable
What Awesome Looks Like:
At 1 month:
- The focus of month 1 is learning. Learning about our users, their challenges, and how we solve them
- You will become a Teal power user and understand the ins and outs of our tools and features
- You will understand our process and philosophy around member support
- You will become familiar with our different social and feedback channels
At 3 months:
- You have written and created support guides that cover all Teal’s features and how to utilize them to make the most of your job search
- You have helped to build and launch our support center to make sure our members are set up for success and making the most of Teal
- You will be able to identify opportunities for process optimization and potential automation
- You are handling all support tickets and member communication and follow up and starting to document best practices
- You are starting to help with quality assurance testing of new products and features
At 6 months:
- You will be reviewing and analyzing all feedback channels looking at user pain points and identifying areas for improvement within the product
- You have helped to build and implement a system to elicit user feedback on an ongoing basis
- You are looking for ways to streamline our feedback channels and continuing to automate and improve our support efficiency
What We Offer:
- Salary: $60,000/year
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- No company wide meetings on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- Career development stipend
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave, earned 1 week for each month of tenure
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance (depending on chosen plan) & 401K Benefits with up to 4% company matching
- Guaranteed 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.
You Have Experience:Start Application
About Teal & Our Hiring Practices
Who We Are:
A small team of innovative, collaborative, and dedicated individuals passionate about helping people build meaningful careers. Our backgrounds range from Architecture to Digital Design and from Human Resources to Software Engineering. We are travelers, pet lovers, musicians, parents, scuba divers, podcasters, readers, gamers, croquet players, and puzzle masters. We focus on aligning intentions, resulting in fewer miscommunications, fewer meetings, and better outcomes. We adhere to a “what-by-when” mentality, which means the hours you keep are up to you, and we value your ability to set expectations and do your best to meet them.
Our Hiring Process:
- We read every application and make our best effort to reply to everyone.
- Please read the job description. We love when people strive but if you do not meet more than 50% of the requirements, we are less likely to respond.
- Goal: High level qualifications & mutual fit
- 30 minute Zoom with 1 Teal person
- We make sure to preserve 10 minutes for your questions.
- We will provide the question and guidance in advance.
- Goals: Deeper understanding of qualifications
- 1 hour Zoom with 1 to 2 Teal people
- First 30 minutes we will dive into a past project
- Second 30 minutes we will talk through a current Teal challenge
- All material will be provided in advance
- Goal: Meet more of the Team
- 30 minute zoom with 1 to 2 Teal people
Our Operating Values:
- Trust First
- Take Initiative
- There’s Got to Be a Better Way
- Start & End With Intentions
- Test & Learn Openly
- No Prolonged Discomfort
- Embrace Feedback
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity: (Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.
Apply for this role
It won't take too long, we promise. All you'll need to do is answer a few questions and upload your resume. We hope to hear from you!