Speed up your resume creation process with the AI-Powered Resume Builder. Generate tailored achievements in seconds for every role you apply to.
Java Developers are responsible for developing and maintaining programs written in the Java language. Demonstrating success in this role requires showcasing specific past experience and metrics that highlight the impact that their projects had on the business. Therefore, their resumes should include details such as the successful development, deployment, and maintenance of Java-based apps, as well as the automation of processes and debugging protocols. Additionally, developers should have robust technical and troubleshooting skills, as well as an understanding of software component, integration and scaling strategies.
Motivated and experienced Java Developer with a demonstrated track record of success in developing highly scalable applications with improved performance and robustness. Seeking to leverage 3+ years of leading Java-based web development projects to help [COMPANY NAME] achieve success. Seeking to drive business value through code optimization and process automation, ultimately resulting in an improved user experience.
07/2021 – Present
- Spearheaded Java-based ecommerce platform, leading to a 68% year-over-year increase in online orders.
- Automated test and debugging protocols, resulting in a 40% improvement in the system’s operational efficiency.
- Streamlined components and programs integration processes, drastically reducing development cycles by 25%.
Associate Java Developer
03/2019 – 07/2021
- Optimized existing Java applications, resulting in a 50% improvement in overall system performance
- Implemented software components and third-party programs, leading to a 90% decrease in IT-related ticket incidents
- Developed and implemented scaling strategies for enterprise-level projects, including a process automation system that improved budget year-over-year
Java Developer Intern
02/2017 – 03/2019
- Assumed design, development, and deployment of Java-based applications from concept to release, reducing the development cycle by 40%
- Refined existing code and executed automated testing routines to improve scalability and performance by 85%
- Investigated and identified key issues with existing applications, leading to a 50% increase in the system’s availability
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Object-oriented programming
- Database design and development
- Web applications
- Software development life cycle
- Software architecture
- Operating systems
- Agile/Scrum Methodology
- RESTful web services
- Automated testing
- Issue resolution
- System integration
- Process automation
- Code optimization
- Cloud computing
- Data analysis and visualization
- Performance optimization
COURSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Oracle Certified Professional – Java SE 11 Developer
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
2016 - 2020
University of Pittsburgh