- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has 10+ years of experience working in a highly scalable enterprise SaaS environment (Java experience is a huge plus).
- Demonstrates a strong track record of leading and influencing large groups of engineers across all aspects of the stack. Leads by example and sets the right context for decisions.
- Has the ability to effectively communicate ideas to others, actively listen in conversations, and give and receive critical feedback.
- Is able to facilitate effective communication between technical and non-technical audiences.
- Has experience partnering closely with product management and is customer-oriented.
- Keeps in mind business and product goals as a foundational component of architectural and technical solutions and investments.
- Is a creative problem-solver who is able to break down complex problems into manageable components.
- Proactively identifies issues, risks, and opportunities.
- Has experience working on fast-paced teams.
- Drive architecture for Grammarly Business, including influencing broader Grammarly architecture to support Grammarly Business use cases and vice versa.
- Work across Grammarly Engineering to help teams develop features and services that are “enterprise-ready.”
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand business and product requirements.
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmap discussions.
- Help create a technical roadmap that aligns with our product roadmap.
- Identify critical problems to solve and approaches for solving them.
- Introduce new technologies and internal tools to help us build features faster.
- Create an engineering culture with a strong emphasis on documentation, testing, and user experience.
- Mentor and coach Grammarly Business engineers.
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust and give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- _For Colorado-based employment: _The salary range for this position is $217,000 - $340,000 year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
About this position
As Software Engineer Lead for Grammarly Business, you will have the opportunity to drive huge impact at a growing company. Grammarly is uniquely positioned to continue defining the digital writing assistant category, but this comes with significant challenges. Our teams build lightweight, intuitive user experiences for end users, teams, managers, and admins atop an increasingly powerful AI backend. Finding the right balance of delivering value to our enterprise customers and investing in an architecture that enables us to scale our product and team requires high-level thought leadership and sound technical judgment.
At Grammarly, we strive to help people understand one another, whenever and wherever they communicate in English. Every day, 30 million people and 50,000 teams around the world rely on our real-time suggestions to strengthen their writing and say what they really mean. Grammarly supports streamlined and effective writing. Our suggestions help identify and replace complicated sentences with more efficient ones, refresh repetitive language, and uphold accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar.