- 10+ years of relevant experience in analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role;
- 8+ years of data analytics team building and management.
- Experience of working in hyper-growth and large tech companies (Consumer and SaaS experience ideal).
- Experience leading and scaling an Analytics capability in a hyper-growth marketing team that is growing rapidly (2-5x) in both team size and spend annually.
- Knowledge of and experience in measurement, attribution, media mix modelling, uplift testing, user segmentation and creative testing & optimization.
- Highly numeric with strong communication skills and the ability to communicate highly complex information in clear and simple language.
- Ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way.
- You will lead and grow a team of marketing data analysts embedded in a Marketing organisation who will support and provide insights and direction to key Marketing partners.
- Support marketing in the review and redefinition of critical metrics to track the performance of marketing programs. You will support and work with marketing to build a global marketing efficiency and effectiveness strategy and framework spanning media mix modeling, marketing attribution and experimentation
- Develop a strategy detailing the data enrichment opportunity across our marketing data (1P and 3P) inline with our data governance and ethics standards
- Work with your marketing partners to establish a robust reporting framework that ties each key area of Marketing to a unified view for the CMO and marketing leadership that powers decision making
- Provide expert consultation to senior leaders, driving priorities based on a holistic view of marketing, providing the analytics insights that enable them to make informed decisions
- Work closely with our commercial finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting and ensure insights drive the financial planning cycles
- Work with Operations and Engineering teams to ensure data quality is maintained and drive trust in the marketing data ecosystem
- Work with data leaders across the organisation contributing to Canva’s Insights and Metrics strategy and development of key data capabilities supporting both marketing and product areas.
- Be a thought leader in new trends in marketing metrics and measurement and for driving effectiveness and efficiency
• Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future
•Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
About this position
At Canva our goal is to be insights driven and our Marketing team is no exception. The Marketing Data team provides the data, measurement, insights and actionability across Marketing Groups. We solve a multitude of exciting challenges from acquisition to retention, as well as media mix modeling, marketing attribution and experimentation. We are looking for an experienced marketing analytics leader to drive our global marketing efficiency and effectiveness strategy building out our world class measurement capabilities.
As the Global Head of Marketing Data, you’ll lead a rapidly growing team, tasked with supporting our marketing leadership team and organisation, to drive measurement and insights that support our business goals.
In this role, we’re looking for a strategic thinker who can tackle ambiguous problems, bring definition and clarity to data and measurement for our global marketing activities. You have an analytical mindset and the ability to empathize with the customer. You have exceptional written, visual and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage complex stakeholder environments and a passion for rallying people around a single unified plan.
Reporting into the Head of Data and working closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and as a partner supporting all Marketing Leaders, you’ll lead and build a multi-disciplinary team to drive impact and support 30+ priority markets around the world. As such, key to this person’s success at Canva will be their ability to drive cross-company collaboration and influence key decisions, supporting internal and external stakeholders to realise a world class marketing strategy. They will be a motivated self-starter with the ability to build and manage global teams when extra resources are required. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to Canva’s global mission to empower the whole world to design and do the most good possible.
Launched in 2013, Canva is an online design and publishing tool with a mission to empower everyone in the world to design anything and publish anywhere.