- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3+ years in product or analyst position or other relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in accessing and manipulating data, and then pulling insights from that data.
- Strong communication skills, able to use qualitative and quantitative data, transform that information to a visually pleasing and stand alone presentation and confidently present to senior and executive leaders.
- Strong influencing skills; you can build relationships with internal stakeholders and tell the user story in a compelling way.
- Curiosity; you help uncover the “why” for the challenges that are being investigated.
- Determined; able to use unorthodox, non traditional approaches to get the job done.
- Self-motivated; able to own projects and work independently with limited guidance.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides or Microsoft/Apple equivalent.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with Tableau, Hive/Hadoop, BigQuery, or Google Data Studio preferred.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Leverage data to help develop the Ad Product vision
- Develop programs to evaluate & report on product feature impact - metrics definition, measurement methodology, analysis, and reporting.
- Build business cases that highlight opportunities and provide strategic recommendations.
- Be a thought leader and trusted advisor; facilitating communication between product and the business as needed.
- Utilize data warehouse tools (e.g. Hadoop, GCP, SQL) for efficient analytics
- Distill qualitative data into concise and impactful user stories.
- Go beyond data. When the data available isn’t enough to get the full picture, get creative to complete the story.
About this position
SiriusXM Media is looking for a Business Analyst to play a critical role in evaluating our ad product technology, integration opportunities and strategic partnerships. This individual will be a key member on the Ad Product team and partner with product managers, product analytics, engineering and business verticals across the company to gather insights and help make decisions on what products, services and features we build. We believe making informed decisions is the key to SXM Media’s future growth and success. The ideal candidate will have a passion to make things better for companies and people alike.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts.