This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a design lead for Gather's Remote Work product line, you will play a crucial role in shaping and executing the company's vision. You will collaborate with various departments to develop a strategy for the future of remote work products and drive the end-to-end design process for complex projects. Additionally, you will contribute to the growth of the design team by mentoring designers and implementing design best practices. With your strong communication skills and ability to work in dynamic environments, you will help Gather create virtual offices that foster social connection and enhance the remote work experience.
- Partner with Product, Art, Maps, Engineering, Data, and other departments to shape a vision and strategy for the future of the Remote Work products.
- Own the end-to-end design proposals and plans for strategic and complex projects, including IA, wireframes, user flows, high-fidelity mocks, and prototypes.
- Drive projects effectively through strong project management, clear communication, and goal setting.
- Validate ideas by interviewing/surveying customers, incorporating insights, and sharing insights with the team.
- Build alignment across diverse teams by successfully presenting ideas to stakeholders.
- Mentor designers and introduce/adapt design best practices for organizational needs.
- Work on ambiguous and broad problems/opportunities, as well as smaller well-defined projects.
- Participate in design reviews, delivering feedback to teammates and soliciting feedback throughout the process.
- Strong skills in interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and information architecture.
- Experience designing mobile and web consumer products at scale, with a combination of consumer and B2B experience preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical partners.
- Comfortable in ambiguous situations and dynamic environments.
- Scrappy, action-oriented, and able to work in fast-growing startups.
- Enjoy spending time with customers and understanding their unique problems.
- Build strong relationships cross-functionally.
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience as an individual contributor on an in-house product design team
- Ability to work on ambiguous and broad problems/opportunities, along with smaller well-defined projects
- Critical participant in design reviews, delivering feedback to teammates and soliciting feedback at every step of the process
- Strong across interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and information architecture
- Experience designing mobile and web consumer products at scale, with a combination of consumer and B2B experience being ideal
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical partners, internally and externally
- Comfortable in ambiguous situations and dynamic environments, understanding the nature of fast-growing startups for designers
- Scrappy, with a bias toward action and a love for moving fast
- Enjoy spending time with customers and adept at getting to the root problems that the product is uniquely positioned to solve
- Ability to build strong relationships cross-functionally
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.