This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a Staff IT Engineer at Tally, you will play a crucial role in supporting the internal services that power the company. Your responsibilities will include onboarding/offboarding, providing helpdesk support, coaching new IT team members, and planning for the future. You will have the opportunity to lead initiatives and influence team goals to deliver solutions that enhance internal IT services. While this is not an IT helpdesk role, providing excellent customer service for Tally employees is essential. This position requires you to be in the San Francisco office at least two days a week.
- Collaborate with other teams to introduce process improvement using automation tools and integrations.
- Manage a suite of IT tools, including identity management using Okta, across a broad tech stack.
- Integrate new tools and systems into the Tally IT Infrastructure.
- Triage and support IT issues as they arise maintaining SLAs.
- Support Onboarding new employees to Tally’s IT tools on specific onboarding dates (and departures when they happen).
- Work on hardware procurement for new employees and hardware refreshes.
- Maintain and create documentation.
- Direct hands-on experience both building and supporting new and existing IT infrastructure, ideally in a hybrid distributed work environment.
- Broad depth of experience in IT tools, including but not limited to MDM, endpoint management, VPNs, and have familiarity with networking concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for learning and constantly challenging yourself for continuous improvement.
- Creativity and resourcefulness. You try as many angles as possible to implement simple and scalable IT solutions. You’re able to see the big picture but are pragmatic in implementing solutions that meet the needs of today. You must have strong attention to detail and an eye for creating an amazing employee experience.
- Excellent time management skills. Using your experience, you will prioritize a balance of project and support driven work with minimal supervision and you’re interested in finding the opportunities that make our team more efficient over time.
- Direct hands-on experience building and supporting IT infrastructure in a hybrid distributed work environment
- Broad depth of experience in IT tools, including MDM, endpoint management, VPNs, and familiarity with networking concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for learning and continuous improvement
- Creativity and resourcefulness in implementing simple and scalable IT solutions
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize project and support-driven work
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and support for Tally employees
- Familiarity with tech tools such as Fleet management and endpoint security tools, Okta, Google Workspace, Rippling, Atlassian Cloud, Slack, 1 Password, Zoom, Cloud Connexa, Amazon Web Services IAM, Zapier, Jira Workflow Automation, SAML, and Login Integration
- Salary range of $165,000 - $222,000 USD per year
- Unlimited flexible paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
- Equity grants
- Company subsidized medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
- Company paid short and long term disability insurance and life and AD&D insurance
- Wellness programs
- Voluntary life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax savings accounts for commuter benefits, health savings accounts, and flexible savings accounts
- Paid parental and other eligible leaves of absence
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee assistance program
- Phone/internet reimbursement
- Co-working stipend
- Wellness reimbursement
- Home office set-up allowance
- Access to discount programs
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.