This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Sigma Computing is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience supporting enterprise products for data analytics, strong SQL proficiency, and excellent communication skills. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will work with customers and the pre-sales team to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues, collaborate with cross-functional groups, and develop best practices and tools for issue resolution. Highly desirable skills include experience supporting a cloud service in production and knowledge of Snowflake, Redshift, and BigQuery. Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer with a hybrid work environment in both their San Francisco and New York City offices.
- Work with Sigma’s customers and the pre-sales team to assist with the diagnosis and resolution of complex technical issues.
- Develop best practices and tools for diagnosing issues and optimizing the service for performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups - backend, frontend, devops, design, product, and the go-to-market teams to create a first-class experience for users of our product.
- 5+ years of industry experience supporting enterprise products for data analytics.
- Computer Science fundamentals. Strong domain expertise in databases and business intelligence.
- SQL proficiency - Very good grasp on JOINs, Partitions, Window Functions, Aggregations, CTEs, Sub-queries etc.
- SQL query performance troubleshooting and plan generation understanding.
- Proficient in data modeling concepts.
- Ability to properly chart data into logical visualizations.
- A proven track record of building trust with customers and bringing issues to resolution quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong desire to build scalable processes for issue resolution (documenting common patterns for issue resolution, building tooling for diagnosing issues etc).
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with multiple departments and co-ordinate issue triaging, diagnosis and resolution.
- Desire to be a great teammate and have fun at work.
- Supporting a cloud service in production.
- Experience working with Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery.
- Knowledge of GCP, AWS.
- Startup experience.