This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Senior Designer at VSA Partners is responsible for helping define the design direction on specific assignments and overseeing the design execution in partnership with the Lead Designer(s). They apply design thinking, visualization, and experience to bring life to clients' stories and visions. The Senior Designer also plays a role in establishing the art direction of projects and leads specific aspects of design in both print and digital forms. They are expected to handle multiple projects, work with multiple teams, and motivate collaboration within the account/project team. VSA Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment.
- Conduct conceptual exploration, establish direction and design solutions, and ensure successful implementation of that direction through production.
- Identify and resolve client and team issues, perform resource allocations, and lead meetings.
- Help Lead/Creative Director/Executive Creative Director establish art direction of projects.
- Leads specific aspects of design on projects, thinking in both print and digital forms in concept phase.
- Participates in internal presentations and participates in presentations to the clients.
- Integrate Designers to the work and design process.
- Handle multiple projects and work with multiple teams at one time.
- Assist with keeping deliverables and schedule aligned on given project.
- Motivate account/project team, encourage collaboration and take a leadership role.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Conduct conceptual exploration and establish design direction
- Design solutions and ensure successful implementation
- Resolve client and team issues
- Perform resource allocations and lead meetings
- Assist in establishing art direction of projects
- Lead specific aspects of design in both print and digital forms
- Participate in internal and client presentations
- Integrate Designers into the work and design process
- Handle multiple projects and work with multiple teams simultaneously
- Assist in keeping deliverables and schedule aligned
- Motivate account/project team and encourage collaboration
- Take a leadership role in projects
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in Design
- Expertise in Adobe Creative suite
- Possession of an undergraduate degree
- Basic knowledge of interactive design is a plus
- Excellent design, color and typographic skills
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken
- Adept at preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions
- A dedication to high quality work and to positive and productive relationships with all - clients, team members, peers, managers, etc.
- Skills in sophisticated problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making
- Understand how information architecture and schematics translate into design
- Understand the concepts of functionality and usability
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, demonstrate attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments.