Manager, International Strategy and Business Operations
August 25, 2023
This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Lume is seeking a Manager, International Strategy and Business Operations to lead their global growth initiatives. This role involves formulating and executing strategic plans for international expansion, conducting market research and analysis, evaluating market entry options, creating business plans and financial models, managing cross-functional teams, establishing strategic partnerships, monitoring regulatory compliance, and evaluating performance. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with strong project management skills and a proven track record of successfully driving expansion efforts.
- Develop international expansion strategy: lead the development and execution of a comprehensive strategy for international expansion, considering market dynamics, competitive landscapes, regulatory frameworks, and cultural nuances.
- Conduct market research and analysis: conduct market research to identify and evaluate potential target markets, assess market viability, and competitor strategies.
- Evaluate market entry options: evaluate various market entry strategies (partnerships, different platforms) and make recommendations based on risk assessment, cost analysis, and potential returns.
- Create business plans, financial models, and forecasts: develop detailed business plans and financial models to assess the profitability and sustainability of international expansion initiatives, including revenue projections, investment requirements, and ROI analysis.
- Manage cross-functional teams: work effectively with cross-functional teams in a way that is minimally disruptive to other functions and uses influence and persuasion to make meaningful progress.
- Establish strategic partnerships: identify and engage potential strategic partners, distributors, suppliers, and local stakeholders to facilitate market entry and establish a strong presence in new markets.
- Monitor regulatory and legal compliance: work closely with the Head of Product to stay abreast of international trade regulations, legal frameworks, tax implications, and compliance requirements to ensure adherence and mitigate risks associated with international expansion.
- Trace and evaluate performance: monitor and analyze key performance indicators and metrics to assess the success and impact of international expansion efforts and make strategic adjustments as needed.
- Develop international expansion strategy
- Conduct market research and analysis
- Evaluate market entry options
- Create business plans, financial models, and forecasts
- Manage cross-functional teams
- Establish strategic partnerships
- Monitor regulatory and legal compliance
- Trace and evaluate performance
- Quick learner
- Ability to see the big picture and develop a long-term strategy
- Highly data-driven
- Proven track record of success working autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- High-level critical thinking/problem-solving
- Able to break down complex ambiguous problems into manageable tasks and direction
- Ability to work effectively through influence rather than position
- Ability to work remotely
- Competitive salary range ($110,000-$120,000)
- Comprehensive set of benefits
- Equity program
- Inclusive and supportive culture
- Equal opportunity employer
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives